When I give Wellness and Motivational talks around the country, a common issue that is continually raised is the spectacle of fear and how it holds us back in life. It strangles us into not taking the leap ahead that could bring us such fulfillment and happiness.
I am a big collector of quotes and I’ve been collecting some special quotes about fear. I’ve also come up with some myself. I’m hoping these might help you.
1. Fear can keep us awake all night but faith makes a silken pillow. Which do you want? Unknown
2. Start a huge, foolish project, like Noah…it makes absolutely no difference what people think of you. Rumi
3. There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure. Paulo Coelho
4. I have accepted fear as a part of life – specifically the fear of change…. I have gone ahead despite the pounding in the heart that says: turn back. Erica Jong
5. Why fear something that has never happened? That’s living in make-believe. Unknown
6. There would be nothing to frighten you if you refused to be afraid. Mahatma Gandhi
7. Fear is never a reason for quitting; it is only an excuse. Norman Vincent Peale
8. The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one. E Hubbard
9. Where fear is, happiness is not. Seneca
10. We are all of us failures–at least, the best of us are. ~James Barrie
The best approach is to take them one by one and learn that one off. Then live it.